Regional competitors are those who have won annual national competitions organized by the Balkan Green Foundation (BGF) and Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF)'s partners. Local foundations may identify and select the top three ideas to compete in the regional competition through the mechanisms of their choice. For more information on national competition regulations and deadlines, contact ARNO in Macedonia, FAKT in Montenegro, FIQ in Kosovo, Mozaik Foundation, Partners Albania, and TRAG in Serbia.
- The project/idea is still in the early stages of development.
- The project/idea has an annual turnover of less than 10,000 euros.
- The project/idea relies primarily upon local resources, including by employing local people and utilizing traditional skills.
- It has a vision or action plan for environmental sustainability.
- It has a plan for economic viability and/or incremental growth.
- The idea/project has assessed the local market and is aware of its competitors and comparative advantages.
-The idea/plan supports the revitalization of traditional local economies and the connection of people to their communities.
- The idea is innovative and unique compared to other businesses and projects in the community.
- The project or idea has not received grants, donations, or any type of monetary support from local or central governments, foundations, private donors, or international development agencies.
- Citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia
- Competitors may be individuals, civil society organizations, or small private companies
People and/or organizations that are family members and/or close relatives of people working for a foundation; people or organizations who are part of the selection committee and their relatives; and public companies are not eligible.
Presentations are conducted by competitors accompanied by the respective foundation representative. Foundation staff may intervene on behalf of the presenter to supply pertinent information or to clarify the idea. The order of presentations will be alphabetical by last name of competitors.
Presentations may be accompanied by PowerPoint or a short movie. Competitors may bring printed materials or sample products to display or distribute to the jury. This is not mandatory.
Length - Each presentation will last for a total of 30 minutes
15 minutes will be reserved for the presentation
15 minutes will be reserved for questions from the jury (other participants are not allowed to ask questions)
Language - The working language of the conference will be English.
A foundation representative will serve as an interpreter if the presenter of the idea/project does not speak English or needs assistance.
Any presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentations, should be translated into English prior to submission to the RBF.
Each year, the competition is held in July. If a regional competitor would like to use materials such as PowerPoint presentations, photos, videos, etc. in their presentation, they must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the competition. The due date is always indicated in the registration form.