Program Manager for Philanthropy for Green Ideas PGI
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Balkan Green Foundation is recruiting for the position of the Program Manager for the Program Philanthropy for Green Ideas.
Job purpose: The Program Manager's primary responsibility is to oversee, coordinate and administer all aspects of the program Philanthropy for Green Ideas in the Western Balkans including planning, organizing, leading, managing program activities and fundraising. The Program Manager position works under the supervision of the Executive Director of Balkan Green Foundation, office basing in Prishtina, Kosovo.
- Create the work plan in accordance with senior management which identifies and sequences the activities to be completed successfully;
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program;
- Determine engagement of jurors for the regional competition event;
- Determine the resources required to complete the program;
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program;
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement;
- Ensure that the program files are properly maintained and kept confidential;
- Organize the Annual Regional Competition event;
- Manage and direct the program’s operational, financial and administrative activities;
- Advance and further develop relationships with National Foundations from Albania, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia and the management on the progress of the program;
- Develop forms and records to document projected activities;
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with National Foundations and key stakeholders;
- Work closely with senior management and other stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery;
- Coordinate the delivery of program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the program;
- Write reports on the program for senior management;
- Monitor cash flow projections and reports actual cash flow and variances to senior management on a regular basis;
- Manage all program funds according to established accounting policies and procedures;
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation;
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks;
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework;
- Report evaluation findings to the senior management and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate;
- Recommend fundraising plan;
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services;
- Communicate and manage relationships for the donors;
- University Degree in a related field – (Economics, Managements, Anthropology)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management
- Proven professional skills in drafting strategic documents for the program
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and under deadline pressure
- An organized person, able to proactively manage tasks
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency in speaking, writing and communicating in English is required
- Speaking local languages is an advantage
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject line 'Application for PM position for PGI', no later than September 10th, 2018.
All submissions must include:
- 1. A cover letter in English that outlines the applicant’s expertise and experiences and explains how the candidate meets the criteria listed above
- 2. Applicant’s CV
- 3. Proof of previous experience – only for shortlisted candidates
Balkan Green Foundation (BGF) is a regional initiative established to advocate and promote sustainable development in the Western Balkans, specifically concentrating on a number of key topics such as sustainable economic development, environmental protection, energy development, climate change and empowerment of local initiatives.
The Philanthropy for Green Ideas program aims to stimulate and encourage innovation for green business ideas at the local level and explores the role of philanthropy in engaging local communities to generate green business ideas that utilize local resources and revitalize disappearing traditional production chains and community based markets. By supporting innovative, local sustainable economic development initiatives, Philanthropy for Green Ideas aims to substantively contribute to building a peaceful, competitive, and prosperous Western Balkans region.
Balkan Green Foundation offers an equal opportunity to all people interested and it reserves the right to invite only limited number of applicants for direct interview for the position.